Hosted by Ted Adcock
We decided to find something special for you to do at this years COG National.
It is NOT something that we do at most COG Nationals.
It IS a GREAT OPPORTUNITY to meet other COGgers.
It is NOT dull and boring.
It involves Riding/water/MORE Riding
It is a Whitewater Rafting Trip down the Snake River.
Rafting Trip: Will be on the Snake River in Jackson Wyoming. (2 hour distance from the Motel)
The plan is simple….
Before the Rafting
- As soon as you arrive in Idaho Falls, go to COG Registration area, and sign up to go Rafting with us.
- Information and Maps will be available.
- Cost is $28.50 per person. (Half of standard rate)
- Then on Wednesday Morning:-
- Form into small groups and leave the Motel around 8:00 AM to head for Jackson Hole Wyoming.
- Enjoy the scenery along the way as you pass the Grand Teton Mountains.
- If you don’t dally, your arrival time will allow you to do some sightseeing/shopping/riding and eat lunch before the Float Trip.
Ride your own pace and Arrive at the Outfitter before 11:30. Outfitter will be (Mad-River Outfitters)
UPDATE:- There is also the option to depart on a 10:00 or 10:30 trip, but you must arrive at 9:30 or 10:00 for the earlier trips.
When you arrive at the Outfitters you will be given a safety orientation, issued life jackets, rafting gear, and taken to the launch point.
Then you go Raft the river with your COG friends, paddle furiously, have a few water fights, etc etc.
Rafting will be a “Two to Three Hour Tour”. River has mostly Scenic sections with some Class 2-3 Rapids.
After the rafting “extravaganza”
- Form into small groups and ride back to the Motel in Idaho Falls (On another route).
- Enjoy the scenery along the way as you pass “closer” to the Grand Teton Mountains.
- Maybe stop at the Brewery to see how beer is made.
- Arrive at the Motel in time to attend the Town Hall Meeting and Murph’s Ice Cream Social.
If your interested in Rafting with us, contact Ted Adcock in advance,,,,, and let him know your interested.
For more details: Go to the COG Online Forum Discussion Raft Trip at the 2013 COG National Rally.
NOTE 1: If you can-not raft with us on Wednesday morning, see Ted as he can arrange another day/time and get you the same COG discount.
NOTE 2: For extra safety we will have a Vehicle (with Trailer) at Jackson. (In case someone has bike trouble, is too tired for the return ride, or has tasted a bit too much of the “Samples” at the Brewery).
NOTE 3: We “specially” want the National First Timers to do this event with us. It will be a GREAT OPPORTUNITY to get to know everyone!