It is SPRING FLING time. This is a do-over from the postponed 2020 event. The dates are May 20 - 23, 2021 and the location is at the north end of the Catskill Mountain region - a great place to ride.
107 State Route 296
Windham, NY 12496
Our block of rooms is only held until March 31, 2021. You must make reservations by calling the hotel directly, not through the website. The hotel is closed the month of April. If you missed the deadline, call the hotel anyway. They may still have rooms, but may not honor the negotiated rates. If you call and leave a message while they are closed it may take a few days for a return call. You can email them your reservation request information and they will contact you. firstname.lastname@example.org
We have negotiated a rate of $110 per night (+8% tax), which is a significant saving from the hotel’s usual rate. This includes a continental breakfast between 7:30-10:00 am if COVID restrictions allow. At a minimum there will be some grab & go breakfast items.
This cozy and well-kept hotel has a lovely indoor pool in a separate building with lounge area and Jacuzzi, a spacious outdoor deck with fire pit, a small cozy basement lounge, a small breakfast nook. and a tire-kicking friendly parking lot. Some hotel amenities are subject to change depending on COVID restrictions.
All 29 rooms at Hotel Vienna are being held for COG. The hotel does not have a large enough space for all of us to hang out or have a group dinner. This event will have limited attendance, initially capped at 60 people. If the hotel fills up, there is other nearby lodging.
All rooms have a balcony and mini fridge. Room layouts are as follows:
- 10 rooms have 2 two queen bed
- 6 rooms have a king bed and a twin bed
- 13 rooms have one king bed
We implore you to be considerate when reserving a room, and ask for the layout that would be most efficient to make certain that anyone who is making a reservation is able to procure a bed. For example, if you are solo or a couple, please don’t reserve a room with two beds. The hotel staff will be happy to steer you through this and advise you on what room might be best for you, since they have several different room/bed floorplans.
If the Hotel Vienna becomes fully booked there is other lodging nearby, but there are no negotiated rooms or prices other than at Hotel Vienna. You are on your own to secure alternate lodging.
Albergo Allegria Hotel & Breakfast Restaurant (0.4 mi. from Hotel Vienna)
43 NY-296, Windham, NY 12496
Jimmy O’Connor’s Windham Mountain Inn (0.9 mi. from Hotel Vienna)
141 South St, Windham, NY 12496
Winwood Inn & Condominiums (1.1 mi. from Hotel Vienna)
5220 NY-23, Windham, NY 12496
Cave Mountain Motel (3.6 mi. from Hotel Vienna)
10978 NY-23, Windham, NY 12496
It has been decided to make this a "no-frills" event that will be no cost to members and minimal fee for non-members to help cover the cost of the AMA sanction & insurance.
Rally Fee: Members $0; Non-members $10
Due to COVID restrictions and social distancing considerations there will be no banquet dinner. If weather permits, we may have a donation funded pizza dinner or something similar.
Due to low fee, there are no refunds.
There will be a check-in, as needed
Nearby Amenities (Within Walking Distance)
- Higher Grounds (Coffee, sandwich, breakfast shop): 61 NY-296, Windham, NY 12496
- Windham Pharmacy: RT 296 & South St., Windham, NY 12496
- Mobil Gas Station Quick Mart: 57 NY-296, Windham, NY 12496
- Nunzio’s Pizza: 55 NY-296, Windham, NY 12496
- Chalet Fondue (Swiss restaurant): 55 NY-296, Windham, NY 12496
Attractions and Riding
Here is the link to download the sample Catskill GPS routes. View and modify the GPX routes for your device. Print routes sheets at home. Copies will not be provided at the event.
The area is so rich with fantastic roads and destinations, that I strongly suggest researching the area. We couldn’t possibly cover every road in the region.
Here are some suggested destinations...
Special Announcement Regarding COVID-19
At the time of this posting (May 2021), it seems pandemic restrictions are slowly lifting, but we’re asking everyone to be prepared for possible procedural changes.
To create a safe and enjoyable event for everyone, all participants must consider the following:
- Each person will be responsible for monitoring their own health. If you feel sick, or if you've been in close contact with someone who has recently tested positive, please stay home.
- Use hand sanitizer and practice hand washing during the event and before every meal.
- Be cognizant of the pandemic restrictions and potential quarantine rules for New York State with regard to the state that you will be traveling from.
- Bring a mask and be prepared to follow local guidelines regarding masks and social distancing. As of right now New York State law requires that masks be worn in INDOOR public area of the hotel.
Contact event organizers Steve & Sue Cerutti at email@example.com